Situated on the Baviaans-Kouga travel route, Baviaans Lodge offers rustic-style accommodation. This wilderness eco-retreat borders the Baviaanskloof World Heritage Site.
The rooms are situated in natural stone cottages, which are equipped with fireplaces and a wooden deck. There is limited electricity access.
A full farm-style breakfast and 3-course dinner is included and served in the dining area. The lodge also has pub. Barbecue facilities are available and packed lunches can be arranged for a fee.
Baviaans Lodge has a shared lounge with fireplace. Activities in the surrounding area include cycling, fishing and hiking. Staff can help in organising trips and excursions in the Baviaanskloof region. For relaxation, guests can relax in the outdoor pool, built from natural stone.
Please note direction to Baviaans Lodge:
- Travel via Kareedouw on the R62, and take the ASSEGAAIBOSCH STATION TURN OFF 2 KM OUTSIDE THE TOWN
- on turning off the R62, cross the bridge towards the station, and then keep left
- travel over the mountain pass, approx 20 min, reach a T junction and go left
- travel along the road another 20 min , cross the Kouga River, and drive onwards
- take the next left hand exit, the Lodge is a further 22 klm along the road after you have turned off there Please inform Baviaans Lodge in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.