The Shaka Shak Hospitality offers 2 distinctly unique properties: Shaka Shak Guest House is located in the uptown residential area of Hilo and Shaka Shak Downtown Studios are located in downtown Hilo.
Tucked away in a quiet neighborhood in Hilo just 30 minutes' drive from the Volcano National Park and Mauna Kea, Shaka Shak Guest House is a 1950s plantation-style guest house features rooms with mountain views. A shared kitchen is available for guest use. Hilo Airport is 4 km away.
Shaka Shak Downtown Studios are equipped with refrigerators, coffee makers, and microwaves.
A bike hire is available at these properties.
Downtown Hilo, Liliuokalani Gardens, Richardson Beach are within 5 km away from Shaka Shak Guest House. The Mauna Kea Observatory and the Volcano National Park are within 30 minutes’ drive from the property. Shopping at Prince Kuhio Plaza is less than 5 minutes' drive away.
Payments and deposit are made through Paypal. The property will contact you after you book to provide further instructions.
Proof of departure may be required upon check-in. SHAKA SHAK HOUSE RULES:
1. No shoes inside the building.
2. No smoking or burning of anything inside the building.
3. No drugs are allowed to be stored or consumed here.
4. Quiet time is 22:00-08:00. During this time, conversations must be in whispers, televisions are turned off or way down, and please limit noisy activities like showering, cooking, washing dishes etc.
5. Check-out is 10:00. Late checkout must be arranged in advance and cannot be guaranteed. Speak with the front desk if you need baggage storage after checkout time.
6. Remember you are sharing space -- if your actions offend or inconvenience our other guests, we will insist that you leave immediately.
7. All members of your party must be 18 years of age or older.
8. We reserve the right to relocate guests to more appropriate rooms if necessary.
From Kona via Saddle Road, it will be about 43 km from Mauna Kea Access Road to Komohana. Make a right turn on Komohana and then an immediate left turn at the first light, which is Puianako Street, then go about 3 km to Maikai (past Santos Lane, as this is a bad road, full of holes). After, turn right on Kahaopea Street, Landmark is Sign Kahaopea Gardens. The 2nd house on the right is the house. It is a 2 story white house with brown trim and lots of flowers in front. Go down the driveway where the mailbox shows 126 West Kahaopea. Bright signs show where parking is. Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply. Please inform Shaka Shak Hospitality in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation. License number: TA-012-171-4688-01